Checklist before you depart
Before you leave home to study in Queensland, there are some important things you will need to do. We've prepared this checklist to help you make sure you don't overlook anything.
- Apply for your international student visa
- Check your passport is valid for the intended length of your study period in Australia
- Organise to have a full medical check-up and organise any prescribed medications or immunisations you may need
- Ask your doctor to write a letter (in English) explaining these medicines
- Visit the website of your Overseas Student Health Cover provider and read information about your health coverage while in Australia
- Book your flights
- Purchase travel insurance
- Arrange temporary student accommodation before you leave your home country
- Organise to have at least A$500 available to you on arrival in Queensland so you can organise a credit/debit card you can use in Australia
- Make a note of the contact details of your country's embassy in Australia and of TAFE Queensland's 24 hour emergency contact number for international students
- Pack a document folder containing your offer letter, Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), certified copies of existing academic transcripts and education history documents; identification documents, important contact numbers, details of pre-arranged accommodation and important medical records
- Log in to Student Welcome Services and read through the orientation and pre-arrival advice
- Note the dates for both your International and program Orientation.