Duration: 2 years
Location: Toowoomba, South West of Queensland
|AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural Operations (CRICOS: 095726J)
|AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture (CRICOS: 095165D)
AHC51416 Diploma of Agribusiness Management (CRICOS: 095167B)
- Year 1 Certificate III in Rural Operations
- Year 2 Dual Diploma of Agriculture/Agribusiness Management
- These qualifications reflect the role of personnel working on farms and stations who manage enterprise production units and employees and sole operators of agribusinesses who provide crop production advice and services to production enterprises.
- Practical learning is conducted at a farm facility to ensure students develop the practical skills.
- Students get to view the latest rural technology and equipment and speak to people from across the rural sector
- Travel to alternate sites and excursions is organised and provided at no additional cost to students
- Work experience can be supported and organised for students during their holiday periods.
- TAFE Queensland South West Rural Centre of Excellence (to be completed by 30 June 2019) will enable students to access the latest technology and data analysis capability related to a variety of farming enterprises (including cropping, production horticulture and livestock).
- Students can take an early exit at the end of Year 1 with their Cert III in Rural Operations if they wish to take up employment or other study options.
- For students wishing to go onto University Study, the University of Southern Queensland is also situated in Toowoomba.
Interesting facts about Toowoomba
The Toowoomba Region offers students undertaking the Rural/Agriculture CRICOS program the following benefits:
- Toowoomba is within 1.5 hours of Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- Toowoomba is an area of low unemployment making the employment possibilities for graduates stronger.
- Toowoomba is a multi-cultural city with a wide range of support services, sporting and social engagement opportunities for international students.
- Toowoomba has a large amount of accommodation options available at much lower rates than Brisbane and the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
- TAFE Queensland Toowoomba campus is an easy 5 – 10 minute walk from the city.
- Significant development in the Toowoomba region through the Wellcamp Airport, Inland Rail Project and Inter-modal Transport Distribution Hub at nearby Charlton will lead to employment growth and opportunities particularly in the Rural Sector
- The Darling Downs and adjacent Lockyer Valley regions are known as major contributors to the Australian Economy through the rural sector. The diversity of enterprises includes production horticulture (vegetable growing and fruit orchards), poultry production, pork production, beef production, horse breeding, feedlots, broadacre grain and cereal cropping, hay production, cotton production, irrigated and dryland farming.
- Rural employment is a major employer throughout the Darling Downs and Lockyer Valley and expected to be an employment growth area into the future.
More info of the course / how to enrol