|South Bank, Brisbane
• English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - Click here for a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
• Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. Click here for more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
• Applicants will be required to submit a demo tape or audio CD of their instrument or voice. Home recordings are accepted, Audio Demo Assessment Criteria:
- Applicants are requested to include supporting documentation relevant to their application. This should include resumes, bios, academic results, personal or professional references and any other relevant materials.
- Demo piece is in the rock / pop genre (no classical)
- A demonstrated range of dynamic expression
- Consistent rhythmic accuracy
- Consistent pitch accuracy
Students should be a minimum of 18 years of age. Student visa applicants under the age of 18 will be accepted where they demonstrate that they will be accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a suitable relative who is aged 21 or over. This arrangement requires the approval of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection- Welfare Requirements For Student Visa Applicants Under 18.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Coomera | Gold Coast
Students must bring their own portable instruments such as guitars, strings, keyboards, percussion etc.
Students ARE REQUIRED to purchase the following resources (teachers will provide details including suitable models and suppliers for each listed item during relevant class times):
- 1 x 1TB external hard drive to store/backup all class project files and learning resources
- Personal stationery
- Various industry memberships will be recommended
Text books and above listed resources are not included in the program fees.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location.
South Bank | Brisbane
Timetables may be available online or may be provided to you at your program orientation.
Your timetable may change every semester and you must be able to manage your commitments to ensure attendance at all your classes.
Timetables will be different across TAFE Queensland locations. This is an example of what a course timetable could look like -
Monday and Tuesday 8.00am - 4.45pm and Wednesday 8.00am - 12.00pm
Wednesday and Thursday 8.00am - 4.45pm and Friday 8.00am - 12.00pm
Coomera | Gold Coast
Full-time classes are held on Monday 10.15am - 5.15pm, Tuesday 8.00am - 12.15pm and Wednesday 9.30am - 4.15pm at Coomera, A Block, Level 1, Room A.01.015. Timetable subject to change.
A combination of face-to-face and tutorial sessions is offered at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast as delivery techniques for theory and practical sessions involving small groups and individual activities. Where possible, sessions are conducted within a simulated workplace environment.
Total hours: 800
Weekly hours: 15 hours in the classroom (applied learning – demonstration and application, activities, collaborative projects, group discussion)
Independent learning: 5 hours minimum (content exploration and meaning – lecture screencast and videos, YouTube videos, Wikipedia articles and websites)
This course has a student quota attached to it. Please contact TAFE Queensland to confirm program availability.