|Provider CRICOS/RTO Code
||Program CRICOS Code
TAFE Queensland Brisbane
CRICOS 03020E | RTO 0275
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 (no individual band less than 5.5) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Students should be a minimum of 18 years of age. Student visa applicants under the age of 18 will be accepted where they demonstrate that they will be accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a suitable relative who is aged 21 or over. This arrangement requires the approval of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection - Welfare Requirements For Student Visa Applicants under 18.
66 Ernest Street
South Brisbane QLD 4101
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location.
Timetables may be available online or may be provided to you at your program orientation.
Your timetable may change every semester and you must be able to manage your commitments to ensure attendance at all your classes.
Timetables will be different across TAFE Queensland locations. This is an example of what a course timetable could look like -
Monday and Tuesday 8.00 am - 4.45 pm and Wednesday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm.
Wednesday and Thursday 8.00 am - 4.45 pm and Friday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm.
All applicants must be willing to undertake clinical placement in a health care facility during the program. Students are required to organise their own travel to and from these facilities.
Before commencing clinical placement, students must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Obtain, and provide evidence of a current Australian First Aid Certificate
- Have current competency in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) - this must be updated annually;
- Provide evidence of Hepatitis B vaccination or blood test results showing immunity (NB a complete vaccination course takes a minimum of three months to complete);
- Provide an Australian Federal Police Certificate indicating that the student has passed the Australian Federal Police (National) Check. Please contact the Australian Federal Police on (02) 6206 3333 or visit www.afp.gov.au. (NOTE: A state based police check will not be accepted).
- Obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children Check). Please phone 1800 113 611 or visit www.bluecard.qld.gov.au
During these placements, you may become familiar with information that is confidential to that workplace (for example financial or business affairs, personal affairs and family background of staff and clients, technical information, trade secrets, know-how, formulae, processes, ideas, and inventions). You must not divulge any confidential information that you become aware of during a placement. Breaches of confidentiality will be considered to be acts of behavioural misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.
There is a limited number of places available for this program. Please contact TAFE Queensland to confirm availability.