- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent) with sound achievements in Maths and English. Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Students should be a minimum of 18 years of age. Student visa applicants under the age of 18 will be accepted where they demonstrate that they will be accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a suitable relative who is aged 21 or over. This arrangement requires the approval of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection - Welfare Requirements For Student Visa Applicants Under 18.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location;
- Blue pen
- Pencil HB and 2H
- Yellow highlighter
- USB stick (recommended).
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Industrial safety boots (must meet Australian Standards AS2210.3)- clear safety glasses to Australian Standards (AS1337.1 for practical and lab work),
- Industrial type clothing (cottong drill long pants and long sleeve shirt)
- Mechanical gloves (recommended).
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
Timetables may be available online or may be provided to you at your program orientation.
Your timetable may change every semester and you must be able to manage your commitments to ensure attendance at all your classes.
Timetables will be different across TAFE Queensland locations. This is an example of what a course timetable could look like -
Monday and Tuesday 8.00 am - 4.45 pm and Wednesday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm.
Wednesday and Thursday 8.00 am - 4.45 pm and Friday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm.
Some qualifications require students to participate in vocational placement to successfully complete and achieve their TAFE Queensland award. If vocational placement is a course requirement it will be organised by your School/Faculty and you will be provided with all the information you need to prepare. Remember you are responsible for ensuring you have met all the requirements to participate in vocational placement.
During these placements, you may become familiar with information that is confidential to that workplace (for example financial or business affairs, personal affairs and family background of staff and clients, technical information, trade secrets, know-how, formulae, processes, ideas, and inventions). You must not divulge any confidential information that you become aware of during a placement. Breaches of confidentiality will be considered to be acts of behavioural misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.