|South Bank, Brisbane
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Students should be a minimum of 18 years of age. Student visa applicants under the age of 18 will be accepted where they demonstrate that they will be accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a suitable relative who is aged 21 or over. This arrangement requires the approval of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection - Welfare Requirements For Student Visa Applicants Under 18.
Gatton, Newton, Eureka and Wilkinson Streets
Manunda QLD 4870
50-68 Armstrong Road
Meadowbrook QLD 4131
34 Lady Musgrave Drive
Mountain Creek QLD 4557
66 Ernest Street
South Brisbane QLD 4101
100 Bridge St
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Corner of Hugh St & Fulham Rd, Pimlico
Townsville QLD 4812
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location;
- Please refer to Additional costs
Timetables may be available online or may be provided to you at your program orientation.
Your timetable may change every semester and you must be able to manage your commitments to ensure attendance at all your classes.
Timetables will be different across TAFE Queensland locations. This is an example of what a course timetable could look like -
Monday and Tuesday 8.00 am - 4.45 pm and Wednesday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm.
Wednesday and Thursday 8.00 am - 4.45 pm and Friday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm.
South Bank and Loganlea:
Students participating in compulsory vocational placement will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and receive a positive notice, and apply for a Blue Card for placement.
Cairns and Pimlico:
Students who are currently not working in the industry are required to complete vocational placement for this program.
In addition to attending classes at TAFE, if you are not currently employed in a Regulated Education and Care Service, you will be required to undertake Vocational Placement. Vocational Placement is negotiated with the teaching team, and the Education and Care Service. You must hold or obtain a Blue Card prior to commencing Vocational Placement. Blue Card Applications or Authorisation to Confirm a Valid Card/Applications are to be lodged through TAFE.
Whether you are employed in the industry or undertaking Vocational Placement, you will be required to provide evidence that you have completed a minimum of 120 hours in the workplace, including a minimum of 24 hours with infants, to successfully complete this qualification.
During these placements, you may become familiar with information that is confidential to that workplace (for example financial or business affairs, personal affairs and family background of staff and clients, technical information, trade secrets, know-how, formulae, processes, ideas, and inventions). You must not divulge any confidential information that you become aware of during a placement. Breaches of confidentiality will be considered to be acts of behavioural misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.
- It is strongly recommended that applicants provide evidence of the following immunisations:
- Pertussis (dTpa, provided dTpa has not been given previously), plus a booster if immunisation has not been received withiin the past 10 years.
- MMR (if non-immune), and
- Varicella (if seronegative)
- In addition, it is recommended that all Early Childhood Educators have Hepatitis A & B Vaccination
- Students will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and receive a positive notice and apply for a Blue Card for placement