- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10
Students should be a minimum of 18 years of age. Student visa applicants under the age of 18 will be accepted where they demonstrate that they will be accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a suitable relative who is aged 21 or over. This arrangement requires the approval of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. For more information visit Department of Immigration and Border Protection - Welfare Requirements for Student Visa Applicants under 18.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location.
The following resources are included in your course fees:
Personal protective equipment:
- Safety glasses (or clip-ons where prescription glasses are normally worn) (AS 1336 or 1337)
- Ear protection - ear muffs or ear plugs (AS 1269 or 1270)
- Protective footwear - steel capped boots (AS 2210)
- Hair protection - peak cap with a snood capable of fully containing the person's hair
- Protective clothing - neat casual clothing (shirt & pants)
There are additional costs associated with this course that are not included in your tuition fees. Please refer to Additional Costs for more details
Timetables may be available online or may be provided to you at your program orientation.
Your timetable may change every semester and you must be able to manage your commitments to ensure attendance at all your classes.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Some qualifications require students to participate in vocational placement to successfully complete and achieve their TAFE Queensland award. If vocational placement is a course requirement it will be organised by your School/Faculty and you will be provided with all the information you need to prepare. Remember you are responsible for ensuring you have met all the requirements to participate in vocational placement.
CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying - has up to 240 hours per year of work placement mandatory for international students. TAFE Queensland will assist students in finding host employers.
During these placements, you may become familiar with information that is confidential to that workplace (for example financial or business affairs, personal affairs and family background of staff and clients, technical information, trade secrets, know-how, formulae, processes, ideas, and inventions). You must not divulge any confidential information that you become aware of during a placement. Breaches of confidentiality will be considered to be acts of behavioural misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.