|South Bank, Brisbane
|Southport, Gold Coast
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Students should be a minimum of 18 years of age. Student visa applicants under the age of 18 will be accepted where they demonstrate that they will be accompanied by a parent, legal custodian or a suitable relative who is aged 21 or over. This arrangement requires the approval of the Department of Home Affairs. For more information visit Department of Home Affairs - Welfare Requirements for Student Visa Applicants under 18.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations;
- Black tunic (refer to additional costs tab)
- Black dress pants, skirt or tailored skirt (length must be below the knees)
- Black closed-in shoes (not canvas)
- Students must purchase a USB
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location.
South Bank, Brisbane:
View the timetable. Please note, the timetable for future semesters may differ to the current schedule. If you need help or can't find what you're looking for, give us a call on 13 72 48.
Soutport, Gold Coast:
- This course is delivered over 12 months at Southport, Level 2, Room 280 on Monday 1.00pm-5.30pm, Tuesday 8.30am-4.00pm and Wednesday 9.00am-4.00pm (subject to change).
- Classes are delivered with a combination of theoretical and practical tutorials (including one day at a Day Spa).
- Additional self-directed study (up to 10 hours per week) will need to be completed to enable you to achieve your Diploma.
- Teacher contact, student centred and online learning.
- Involves theoretical, practical and online assessments.
- Involves massage.
Cairns and Pimlico, Townsville:
Cairns Campus: Full time over two semesters attending three days per week (Group 1 Monday - Wednesday 9:00am– 3:00pm; Group 2 Wednesday 9:00am – 3:00pm, Thursday 10.30am–4.30pm, Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm)
Pimlico, Townsville Campus: Full time over two semesters attending 3 days per week. Either attending in Group 1 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (8.30am - 4pm) - E Block or with Group 2 attending Tuesday, Wednesday (8.30am - 4pm), and Thursday (10.30am - 4pm) - E Block.
Full-time: 1 year, 4 days per week
- Semester 1 2016: Tuesday 9am - 5pm, Wednesday 9am - 5pm, Thursday 9:30am - 5pm and Friday 9am - 5pm
- Semester 2 2016: Monday 10am - 5pm, Tuesday 9am - 5pm, Wednesday 9am - 5pm, Thursday 9:30am - 5pm
Please note: Timetables are subject to change.
Some qualifications require students to participate in vocational placement to successfully complete and achieve their TAFE Queensland award. If vocational placement is a course requirement it will be organised by your School/Faculty and you will be provided with all the information you need to prepare. Remember you are responsible for ensuring you have met all the requirements to participate in vocational placement.
- Students will also be required to attend one week's work experience in a clinic/salon of their choice.
During these placements, you may become familiar with information that is confidential to that workplace (for example financial or business affairs, personal affairs and family background of staff and clients, technical information, trade secrets, know-how, formulae, processes, ideas, and inventions). You must not divulge any confidential information that you become aware of during a placement. Breaches of confidentiality will be considered to be acts of behavioural misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.
TAFE Queensland | All Locations:
Students are required to have their hair tied back and have short natural nails (no artificial nails). All facial piercings are to be removed (and during certain practical classes body piercings will need to be removed). No jewellery to be worn with the exception of a pair of studs in the lower ear and a wedding ring.
Students must present themselves in a professional manner, including coming to class in uniform, black pants and black enclosed shoes.
Southport, Gold Coast:
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast advises that, in undertaking this training, students will be exposed to some beauty products and machines that are unsuitable for use by epileptic people or people with certain nerve diseases or disorders, as they can cause seizures. TAFE Queensland Gold Coast will make reasonable accommodations for any such student who wishes to undertake this course, and will ensure that its teachers indicate prior to use if any of the materials/machines to be used in a particular class that they have these properties, so that students can identify to the teacher that they may be at risk if accommodations are not made, but also so that all students in class are aware of these particular risks when they enter the industry and can take appropriate precautions with their clients. Please note that these accommodations may require a student with these types of conditions to train, for whole or parts of some classes, in a different training area from other students and will mean that these students will not gain experience with these types of machines and products for use in industry. TAFE Queensland Gold Coast considers it critical for the safety of students with epilepsy or nerve conditions that they are aware of the training they will receive. For students who may be affected please contact either of the teachers Carolyn Allen or Maree Rissman on (07) 5581 8767 prior to enrolment to discuss.
Course commencement is subject to minimum enrolment numbers.