Safety on Campus
Emergency on Campus
Students must follow all directions given by staff to ensure their own and other individual's safety at TAFE Queensland. Students have an obligation to ensure that their activities do not place anyone at risk.
When the alarm sounds in a teaching session:
- everyone must evacuate the area
- move quickly (but do not run) to the designated assembly area (check campus map)
- keep to the outside on stairways to allow access for emergency personnel
- do not use lifts
- at the assembly point your teacher will check that all students are accounted for, don't leave until the all clear has been given.
When the alarm sounds in a non-teaching situation:
- move directly to the designated assembly point
- don't re-enter the building
- don't take refuge in toilets, storerooms, or student common rooms
- don't leave the assembly area until the all clear has been given.