Life in Australia / Overseas Student Health Cover

Overseas Student Health Cover

Overseas Student Health Cover

Australia has a system of health care cover for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). International students studying in Australia must have health and medical insurance for the length of their Student Visa purchased from an Australian approved provider. You can choose to purchase OSHC through any of the approved providers or TQI can organise your OSHC with our preferred partner Allianz Global Assistance. Further information is available on the Allianz Global Assistance website.

This insurance covers you for general medical treatment in Australia. A number of services, including dental, physiotherapy, optometry, podiatry, chiropractic and private hospital services require you to purchase extra cover from your OSHC provider.

How do I get my membership card? 

If you have organised your Overseas Health Cover with another provider, you will need to speak to them about getting your membership card, what is included in your cover, and how to make a claim

You can order your membership card online by logging in to the Allianz Global Assistance website . You will need your student ID number, family name and birth date. Your membership card will be delivered to your residential address in approximately five business days. You can update your Australian contact details at any time on this website. If you are unable to obtain a membership card online, contact the International Support Team for help.

How do I make a claim to Allianz Global Assistance? 

You can claim in person, at a branch, or online. For more information about your OSHC policy, extras cover, finding a doctor, and making a claim, visit the Allianz Global Assistance website  or phone Allianz Global Assistance on 13 OSHC (136742).

Back to Top